Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Chocolate Pecan Pie

So, my mom found the Super Suppers recipe I was looking for! I thought I would share it with you since I love it so much!!! (And trust me, this is GOOD. I'm not a huge chocolate lover, but this is one pie I LOVE!!!)



Chocolate Pecan Pie
(Makes one 8-inch pie)

½ c. butter
½ c. chocolate chips
1 c. sugar
2 eggs, beaten
½ c. chopped pecans
½ c. shredded cocnut
1 8-inch unbaked pie shell (not a deep-dish shell)


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a saucepan, melt butter and chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in sugar, eggs, pecans and coconut. Pour into pie shell.
3. Bake for 35 minutes (pie will be soft in the center).


FREEZE AHEAD: Bake pie; cool completely. Place pie in a freezer bag and freeze up to 2 months. Defrost completely in refrigerator.

No comments: