Thursday, July 31, 2008

Kinda Strange To Think

Sometimes I like to think back to where I was two, five or even ten years ago and what I was doing then. Then I remember thinking back then, where would I be and what would I be doing going forward those two, five or ten years. I must say, I never thought I would be where I am today. Don't take it the wrong way, I don't think I'm doing horrible or anything, it's just interesting to me the point I am in my life right now and it's fun to remember where I was at that particular time in the past.


So, I'm curious (and curious to see who will do this), but would you comment or email me and tell me where you were in your life and/or what you were doing during these times?
Summer 1998:
Winter 1999:
Fall 2000:
Spring 2001:
Summer 2002:
Winter 2003:
Fall 2004:
Spring 2005:
Summer 2006:
Winter 2007:
Summer 2008:


Here's what I was up to:

Summer 1998: Working as a 'flagger' on the road crew for my Grandpa, getting ready to head into my senior year of high school.

Winter 1999: Been married a couple months now, living in the town of my hometown's football rival (Homedale) GO PANTHERS FOREVER!!

Fall 2000: Still living on the farm in Homedale, working for MBCI/ABC, driving my new car (I'd only gotten it the previous March).

Spring 2001: Working for Canyon County Development Services as a Recording Secretary, attending public hearings on Thursday nights.

Summer 2002: Moving BACK to Homedale (we lived in Parma for a year, approx July-June).

Winter 2003: Recently divorced and living on my own.

Fall 2004: Happily celebrating my one year anniversary with the love of my life!!!

Spring 2005: Sealed to my husband in the Boise, Idaho temple.

Summer 2006: Moving into the north end in Boise, added a sweet baby Miller to the family.

Winter 2007: Living in Oklahoma, surviving "The Ice Storm" and welcoming 2 new neices to the family.

Summer 2008: Still in Oklahoma, pretty much used to all the humidity, and missing my family cuz I haven't seen them in over a year.


Well, that's my little trip down memory lane. Can't wait to read about yours!

1 comment:

The Despain Gang said...

WOW that is crazy to see your life summarized like that. Okay here are mine:

Summer 1998: working on the farm and at a diner in Parma (it's changed owner/names so many times I have no idea what is it called now, then it was Frosty Palace I think

Winter 1999: attending school at BYU, broke up with John; went on my first date with Jeremy!

Fall 2000: attending school at BYU, dating a lot of fun different guys

Spring 2001: attending school at BYU; getting ready for my intership; dating a boy that was in my major; still going on dates with Jer but not consistenly

Summer 2002: married to Jeremy and living in Long Beach, CA; found job at Rentokil (AKA Initial Tropical Plants now)

Winter 2003: living in Long Beach, CA; working for Initial Tropical Plants; won a trip to Las Vegas!

Fall 2004: still working hard; finalizing the plans for Two Rodeo in Beverly Hills

Spring 2005: recovering from a failed adotpion; packing up to move to Utah; saying good-bye to all my Long Beach/LA friends

Summer 2006: recovering from a failed adoption; enjoying our new house in Utah; working at Modern Display

Winter 2007: adopted Boston!

Summer 2008: loving being a mommy; enjoying blogging and reading; busy with calling as R.S. 2nd counselor